#EU - @Nigel_Farage : Eurozone completely incompatible with nation-state democracy (by europarl)
Support: http://www.ukip.org/donations | http://www.ukipmeps.org | http://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage • European Parliament, Strasbourg, 13 March 2013 • Speaker: Nigel Farage MEP, Leader of the UK Independence Party (UKIP), Co-President of the ‘Europe of Freedom and Democracy’ (EFD) Group in the European Parliament - http://nigelfaragemep.co.uk • Debate: Preparations for the European Council meeting (14-15 March 2013) Council and Commission statements [2012/2803(RSP)] With a resolution on the European Council conclusions of 7-8 February concerning the Multiannual Financial Framework Transcript: Well, the air is thick with denial in this chamber this morning. There has been a major political event since we last met and no one has mentioned it. Italy had an election. And 55% of the electorate voted for Eurosceptic political parties, indeed Mr Grillo’s movement managed to get 26%. It is quite tough in European politics these days to tell who the comedians are. And what is absolutely clear is that Eurozone membership is completely incompatible with nation-state democracy. You can do what you like to take away the powers of national parliaments but people will go on voting, and there is a trend developing right across Europe; the Eurosceptic parties are going to get stronger and stronger. And there is complete denial about the Eurozone crisis. You’d think listening to everyone this morning that it’s over. You know, Mr Barroso comes out with a technocratic speech that everything is fine and dandy. Mind you, far better than the unutterable drivel we had from [Economics and euro commissioner] Olli Rehn yesterday which sent many members to sleep. You are not facing up to the consequences for what you’ve done. Mr Verhofstadt talks about a lost generation in Spain, Mr Daul talks about youngsters struggling to be fed by their families in Greece. And all of that is true, but it’s being caused by the Euro. And that is what you are failing to recognise. The Eurozone has been a complete economic disaster. [Verhofstadt starts shouting] And the other thing you are not going to face up to… [Chairman asks Verfohstadt to control himself] The real problem that you won’t face up to though is the state of the French economy and the fact that France is now diverging by the month with Germany. So right at the very heart of the European project and the Eurozone project there is a disaster coming down the tracks. I am afraid in the end, the whole thing is going to break up. But I would also point out, you’re in denial over Romania and Bulgaria. Those two countries are racked with corruption and organised crime. They should never have been allowed to join the European Union. I want to make it absolutely clear, we in UKIP do not believe it’s right and fair to have total open borders from next year for unlimited numbers of people from those countries to come to Britain, to work, but also, if they want, to claim benefits. And as the results in the recent Eastleigh by-election showed the British electorate are increasingly saying ‘enough is enough’. It’s not just us, the major of Duisburg in Germany has now publicly said that the massive influx from Romania and Bulgaria is causing huge social problems. Ladies and Gentlemen, we’ve got to face up to it. We should not be in political union with Romania and Bulgaria. Thank you. ……………………………. Video source: EbS (European Parliament) ……………………………. • EU Member States: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, United Kingdom
Hackers can influence real-time traffic-flow-analysis systems to make people drive into traffic jams or to keep roads clear in areas where a lot of people use Google or Waze navigation systems, a German researcher demonstrated at BlackHat Europe.
Google and Waze both offer turn-by-turn navigation in smartphone apps and use information derived from those phones for real-time traffic analysis. However, because of the tradeoff between user privacy and data gathering, hackers can anonymously influence navigation software to trick the real-time traffic system into registering something that isn’t there, said Tobias Jeske, a doctoral student at the Institute for Security in Distributed Applications of the Hamburg University of Technology, during the security conference in Amsterdam.
“You don’t need special equipment for this and you can manipulate traffic data worldwide,” Jeske said.
Both Google and Waze use GPS as well as Wi-Fi in phones to track locations. If Wi-Fi alone is enabled, only information about wireless access points and radio cells in the surrounding area will be transferred, which lets the navigation systems approximate the location of the user, Jeske said.
Google navigation uses real-time traffic information in Google Maps for mobile. The protocol used to send location information is protected by a TLS (Transport Layer Security) tunnel that ensures the data integrity so that it is impossible for an attacker to monitor a foreign phone or modify information without being detected by Google, said Jeske. However, TLS is useless if the attacker controls the beginning of the TLS tunnel, he added.
To be able to control the beginning of the tunnel, Jeske performed a man-in-the-middle attack on an Android 4.0.4 phone to insert himself into the communication between the smartphone and Google. When the attacker controls the beginning of the tunnel, false information can be sent without being detected and in this way attackers are able to influence the traffic-flow analysis, according to Jeske.
If, for example, an attacker drives a route and collects the data packets sent to Google, the hacker can replay them later with a modified cookie, platform key and time stamps, Jeske explained in his research paper. The attack can be intensified by sending several delayed transmissions with different cookies and platform keys, simulating multiple cars, Jeske added.
An attacker does not have to drive a route to manipulate data, because Google also accepts data from phones without information from surrounding access points, thus enabling an attacker to influence traffic data worldwide, he added.
A similar attack scenario can be applied to Waze, but it is more difficult to affect the navigation of other drivers, Jeske said. Waze associates position data with user accounts, so an attacker who wants to simulate more vehicles needs different accounts with different email addresses, he added.
Jeske also found a way to transfer position data to Waze without user authentication, rendering the attacker anonymous, he said, without elaborating on that method.
For an attacker to actual influence traffic, a substantial number of Waze or Google navigation users have to be in the same area. When it comes to Waze, that is probably not going to happen, for instance, around Hamburg, he said. Waze, however, had 20 million users worldwide in July last year, so there should be areas where it is possible, he said.
Although Jeske hasn’t tested the vulnerability of other services offering real-time traffic data, they work more or less the same way as Google and Waze, so he expects that similar attacks on those systems are possible, he said.
Companies that offer navigation apps can avoid this sort of attack by linking location information to one-time authentication that is time stamped and limited to a fixed amount of time, Jeske said. That would restrict the maximum number of valid data packets per time and device, helping to secure the system, he added.
A Norwegian Perspective on the EU Nobel Prize: “Insult to the Peoples of Europe and the Whole World” | Global Research
The European Union (EU) is not a peace project. The EU is not a “People’s Europe”. The EU is and has always been the Europe of the monopolies.
The Norwegian Nobel Committee continues unabated to scandalize the Nobel Peace Prize and the Nobel testament to a degree that evokes head-shaking and embarrassment abroad as well as at home. Under the leadership of former Norwegian Labour party leader and current Secretary General of the Council of Europe, Thorbjørn Jagland, the committee is already guilty of handing the award to the belligerent U.S. President Obama. And now to the EU!
Supposedly, the reason for awarding the prize to the EU is that “the Union and its predecessors have spent more than six decades helping to promote peace and reconciliation, democracy and human rights in Europe.”
This is like spitting the peoples of Europe right in the face. What “human rights?” More than 25 million people across the European Union are struck by mass unemployment.
Half of the young people are without work and countries such as Greece and Spain are being battered with welfare cuts and misery to an extreme extent, with the prospect of even worse attacks to come.
The “national” governments in the most crisis-ridden member states have become administrative bodies. They are threatened and instructed by the troika – the European Commission, the European Central Bank and the IMF – to cut funding for schools, pensions, hospitals and wages down to the bone.
A war project
The EU is supposed to have created “peace” in the Balkans. Here we are speaking of the same EU, with Germany as a particularly active player, that encouraged and provoked civil war in Yugoslavia in the 90′s! Since then we have witnessed how especially France and Britain, but also other European powers, have been the main aggressors in relation to the bombardment of Libya in 2011. At this moment they are using a similar threatening rhetoric against Syria.
The Norwegian Nobel Committee mocks the European workers and peoples. But it also mocks the people and workers of Norway, who by no means regard the Union as a peace project. That is one of the reasons that seventy percent of Norwegians say no to Norwegian EU membership.
We ask the peoples of Europe and the whole world for forgiveness and beg they understand that the political elite and the ruling class of Norway does not represent or respect the people of Norway; they only respect and obey big capital, the U.S. and the European Union bosses.
The Europe of monopolies is an imperialist structure with two possible outcomes. Either it could become a “successful” imperialist union under German leadership that exploits workers at home and abroad and wages war against other states and peoples. Alternatively, the contradictions between the Union’s member states and capital groupings will lead to fractures, trade wars and perhaps open war between the great powers themselves.
Whatever the final outcome, the EU is anything but a project for peace.
Eurocrats Carry On Up The Khyber, Determined and Delusional, says Farage (by @europarl) @Nigel_Farage #UK #EU #Epic
Donate to UKIP: http://www.ukip.org/donations | http://www.ukipmeps.org | http://twitter.com/#!/Nigel_Farage
• European Parliament, Strasbourg, 13 March 2012
• Speaker: Nigel Farage MEP, Leader of the UK Independence Party (UKIP), Co-President of the ‘Europe of Freedom and Democracy’ (EFD) Group in the European Parliament
• Debate: European Council and Commission statements - Conclusions of the European Council meeting of the 1-2 March 2012.
• Video: EbS - European Parliament
• Film source: Carry On Up the Khyber (1968)
Well, you’re back Mr Van Rompuy, another two and half years. No doubt a reward for your great success. Indeed, listening to you I thought perhaps I had got it all wrong.
You talked about how positive the last Council meeting had been - that we’ve reached the turning point, that everything is going swimmingly. I was beginning to believe it.
But then I realised you did not mention the D word- default. No, that cannot be talked about. We pretend there has not been a default. Well, we know in fact in Greece last week there was a very major credit event.
And indeed, listening to all of you this morning, reminds me of the British comedy classic, ‘Carry On up the Khyber’ where the colonial English go on having dinner, ignoring the fact that impending disaster is all around them. You are determined but delusional in this attempt to keep the Euro propped up.
And whilst you’re enjoying your dinner, incoming shells are landing all around you. Youth unemployment in Greece went through 50 per cent last week. That’s fine, carry on, serve the main course.
And you will have seen yesterday that 110 German holders of Greek bonds are going to take legal action against the banks and against the Greek Government. But don’t worry chaps, carry on, everything is going to be fine.
But perhaps the biggest bombshell is the German Finance Minister saying just yesterday nobody can exclude a third bailout. Pass the port. Do enjoy the party.
I mean this is a farcical situation. And why is it happening? That’s what people in Europe want to know. Why is this happening?
Is this being done to help Greece? No, it is going to crucify Greece.
It is being done to prop up a failing project because you know that once Greece goes, others will go as well.
And some of the language! Mr Barroso, when leaders stand up and say that political moves are irreversible, history has one lesson. You are always, always going to be proved to be wrong.
• EU Member States:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, United Kingdom
Banker left speechless by Irish journalist
Irish journalist Vincent Browne confronts the ECB’s (European Central Bank) Klaus Masuch demanding to know where the money is going.
#Motorcycle #Motorcycles #Biker - ON THE 25TH OF SEPTEMBER THERE’S A RIDE OUT TO PROTEST AGAINST THE NEW EU REGULATIONS ON BIKES: NO AFTERMARKET STUFF TO BE ADDED, IE EXHUAST’S, REAR SET’S, NO BIKES OVER SEVEN YEARS OLD TO BE ALLOWED IN TOWN CENTRES, NO STREET FIGHTERS, NO CUSTOM BIKES. ON THE 25TH SEPTEMBER MAG (MOTORCYCLE ACTION GROUP) ARE ASKING PEOPLE TO MEET AT THEIR NEAREST TRANSPORT CAFE AND AT 1 O’CLOCK LEAVE TO THE MOTORWAYS AND RIDE AT 45 TO 50 MILES AN HOUR.
PLEASE REPOST THIS AS THEY ARE VOTING ON IT IN THE EU PARLIAMENT IN OCTOBER. IF IT GOES THROUGH OUR PARLIAMENT WILL HAVE NO SAY IN THE MATTER AND ALL THE PEOPLE IN AFTERMARKET BIKE PARTS SHOPS WILL BE OUT OF THERE JOBS.
Nigel Farage: Mass migrants to spill over open borders while UK in EU (by RussiaToday) - #realness
The British coalition government has clashed over how to deal with rising immigration in the UK. Leading Liberal Democrat Vince Cable has criticised Tory Prime Minister David Cameron over a speech in which the Premier vowed to cut immigration to ‘tens of thousands’. Cameron said that some immigrants failure to learn English was ‘wrecking communities’. Nigel Farage, MEP and leader of the UK Independence party says that the Prime Minister can’t tackle the problem of mass immigration while the UK is a member of the EU.
RT on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RTnews
RT on Twitter: http://twitter.com/RT_com
Nigel Farage: ‘Bombings, bailouts - what on earth are we doing?’ (by RussiaToday)
The UN says it’s alarmed by the looming humanitarian crisis in Libya. Officials warn food supply lines have been disrupted and over three hundred thousand refugees have already fled the country. Nigel Farage, MEP and leader of the UK Independence Party, believes the whole military strategy in Libya has not been thought through.
RT on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RTnews
RT on Twitter: http://twitter.com/RT_com
Sense Us : Something wrong with the Census? » Multi-Story #CACI #EU #Census #Ireland #AbuGraib #DHS #torture #Coercion #Wikileaks #BradleyManning
- UK Census…. initiative test?
- It’s not what I would call common knowledge but, did you here the one about the involvement of war profiteers in the Irish and Scottish and UK censuses? It’s no joke! CACI and Lockheed Martin have been contracted to work these data collection operations and have been for some time. Leaving aside the Scottish and UK cases for a minute, the Irish case is particularly interesting. The contract was given in July 2009 and CACI (UK) issued a press release in January 2010.
No major media outlets here have bothered to report on this. Thankfully The Journal and Newswhip picked up on it last week and gave it some exposure, after activists connected the dots following news in The Observer about the Scottish boycott. But this is hardly enough. As a media activist I was shocked to learn of this, given that I know about the CACI stories from Iraq. I was even more surprised to learn that CACI were involved in the 2001 and 2006 censuses here also.
There is a lot to say here and although this is a lengthy post with a
diverse range of sources and perspectives, it barely scratches the
surface. I will post a more in depth analysis of this over the coming days.
- CSO calls criticism of #Census 2011 contractor “irresponsible” http://t.co/KWor9OS #AbuGhraib #CACI #torture #anonops #Ireland #patriotact
- Is it right that the Scotland #census is being processed by CACI who are accused of torture at Abu Ghraib? http://lochgelly.org.uk/?p=3731
- Dáil Eireann - 19/Jan/2010 Written Answers - Census of Population. debates.oireachtas.ie Dáil Eireann - 19/Jan/2010 Written Answers - Census of Population.
- [an aside] The marketers view of Census….
- Census: marketing tool or obsolete? marketingmagazine.co.uk This year’s census may be the last, but should marketers be worried, asks Gemma Charles.
- Some recent news from the USA regarding CACI
- FBI taps CACI for IT support - UPI.com upi.com The FBI has chosen CACI of Virginia to provide it with information technology support services.
- GAO upholds protest against CACI financial system modernization contract — Washington Technology washingtontechnology.com GAO upholds protest of CACI winning a financial management systems modernization contract at DHS and recommends a new competition.
- CACI would certainly not be supportive of Wikileaks and to say they have a view opposed to freedom of information would be an understatement.
CACI’s major markets are:
- Homeland Security
- IT Modernization and Government Transformation
- CACI’s Dr. Jack London on WikiLeaks, the Insider Threat and Defining Cyber War - The New New Internet thenewnewinternet.com Tagged with: asymmetric threat CACI Carnegie Institute China Countering Cyber Challenges to the Industrial Base Cyber Security cyber threat cyber war cyber warfare Department of Defense espionage insider threat Israel jack london Julian Assange Mike Mullen national security Robert Gates rule of law Warren Phillips WikiLeaks In the wake of the WikiLeaks disclosures that tarnished American diplomatic relations and highlighted the issue of the insider threat, many wondered w…
- Why the Internet as You Know It Must Die – By CACI Interntional. americanterror.com A plain text version follows the extracted images . In addition you can click the title page image for a link to the original PDF. The following below is a selectable text version of the above images /PDF. DEALING WITH T OD A Y’S ASYMMETRIC THRE A T This document is intended only as a summary of the personal remarks made by participants at the March 2, 2010 symposium, “Cyber Threats to National Security, Symposium One: Countering Challenges to the Global Supply Chain,” co-sponsored by CA…
- Meanwhile Bradley Manning is still incarcerated… and protesters around the world are demonstrating against the inhumane way he is being treated. US President Barack Obama has called Bradley’s treatment “appropriate and.. meeting our basic standards”.
Daniel Ellsberg, the Pentagon Papers whistleblower, was arrested twice over the weekend in Washington, at a protest against the Iraq War and support of Bradley Manning.
- Protest against the imprisonment of Bradley Manning
- BBC News - Bradley Manning wins support from Welsh MP and friends http://t.co/OCKPMdm #wikileaks #bradleymanning
- Pentagon Papers source arrested at protests - Jennifer Epstein politico.com Daniel Ellsberg is taken into custody at rallies against the Iraq war and for Pfc. Bradley Manning.
- And now for something completely different..
see what Bono didn’t have to say about the state of the world in this latest edition of Rap News from Juice Media…..
- Rap News 7: #Revolution thejuicemedia, March 20, 2011 at 0:41
- Back to the main story of the upcoming Census in Ireland..
- What does former (Fine Gael) Taoiseach Garret Fitzgerald have to say about all this? Nothing. However, he is careful to remind us of our legal obligation to take part of the census in his opinion piece in the weekend edition of The Irish Times. Note that there is no mention of CACI’s involvement anywhere else in this paper as a counterbalance..
“Quite properly, every citizen is required to co-operate with this project – we have a very good record of such co-operation – based on public confidence both in the quality of our census data and in its confidentiality, which, since the earliest days of our State, has never been breached, or, indeed, impugned.” – Garret
- Thorough census system meets our complex demands - The Irish Times - Sat, Mar 19, 2011 irishtimes.com Ireland must conduct regular, high-quality censuses because of demographic instability, writes GARRET FITZGERALD
- RT @AllanCavanagh: Company involved in interrogation of prisoners in Abu Ghraib will be processing data from Irish census. http://bit.ly/hhRUJZ Your taxes.
- Here is a useful (?) infographic from the CSO informing us about the journey of a a census form. Are we missing something?
- So what were CACI doing in Iraq?
The documentary films “Gitmo” (2005) and “Iraq For Sale” (2006), provide some insight about private contractors such as CACI working in Iraq. The two clips below relate to the latter..
- CACI made $$ torturing at Abu Ghraib then covered it up bravenewfilms, September 28, 2006 at 8:55
- Robert Greenwald on CACI’s role at Abu Ghraib bravenewfilms, May 15, 2007 at 17:51
- Who is “Big Steve”?
- Abu Ghraib: “Big Steve” and Abu Ghraib salon.com Salon has uncovered more allegations against a civilian interrogator accused of abuse at the prison. Why has he never been prosecuted?
- watch those documentaries Gitmo and Iraq For Sale here
- The Scottish Census 2011
- Scottish census: slice of profits go to US arms company TAofMoridura, February 21, 2011 at 6:08
- Anyone else seen http://www.ethicalcensus.org.uk/ ? Heavily criticises CACI UK; Scotland census has been outsourced to them.
- As well as religious groups (and non religious groups) encouraging you to answer the religion question honestly, there is also a call in Scotland for those of Irish ethnicity to stand up and be counted..
- Scotland’s Census 2011 aidster, January 26, 2011 at 16:03
- Ethical #Census Scotland - Non-cooperation #guide: http://bit.ly/hSRH16 @Jinks67 @bellacaledonia #CACI
- Reactions to the Lockheed Martin UK Censes contract…
- This Lockheed Martin contract tarnishes the #census | Chris Browne | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk http://t.co/HZYDCly
- It’s time to fill it in
- Now we’re talking: how to fill in the Census in a way that costs Lockheed Martin money and doesn’t get you fined - http://bit.ly/gJhZzG
- Report: UK census question on religion is ‘highly misleading’ http://bit.ly/gC9aNc
- Jedi Church
- Census contractor CACI was involved in human rights violations in Iraq and shouldn’t be trusted with our data: info www.ethicalcensus.org.uk
- Census in Crosshairs: US arms maker link launches UK privacy fears RussiaToday, March 6, 2011 at 4:25
- Boycott The UK Census: What You Need To Know http://bit.ly/eggWdH
- Threatening people to fill in UK’s census (21Feb11) liarpoliticians, February 21, 2011 at 9:55
- To boycott, or not? Our blog on Lockheed protest: http://t.co/6QC5pGF Also see the Guardian http://t.co/NNmNms1 inc #CensusCampaign
- DEALING WITH UK HOUSEHOLD 2011 CENSUS THE EASY WAY(VIRAL) edtheball69, March 14, 2011 at 10:22
- £150m of taxpayers money has been given to the world’s biggest arms company to run the UK census (protest report) http://bit.ly/gQovFI
- The HPANWO TV Guide to your Census Form benthejrporter, March 8, 2011 at 4:20
- Stop arms traders profiting from the #census by eating your breakfast off the form! http://bit.ly/hKbXWp
- Useless UK national census to be scrapped (10July10) liarpoliticians, July 11, 2010 at 11:35
- UK census burning 2011 Edhunter2323, March 11, 2011 at 3:33
- finally some food for thought… rewind back to Hitler’s IBM Census..
- GNN IBM And The Holocaust thescarface1989pt4, March 29, 2009 at 13:25
- this story will be updated more later….
- update 20110321… i posted this on twitter and got an interesting response from Irish Daily Mail chief reporter Neil Michael…
- FYI: #rtefl #vinb viewers: why no media coverage here of war profiteers CACI involved in our #Census? want info? ☛ http://is.gd/Kj6vW7
- @itison Papers who don’t cover what you want covered are read by many more readers who don’t know/care anything about you. Does that hurt?
- @itison Who I write for doesn’t make what I write right. But not being a part of that doesn’t make what you tweet right either.
- @randomirishnews all i can say to that really is #wtf ??
- @itison no shocks there then!
- @randomirishnews what is your problem with me highlighting this news?
- @itison it’s so easy being a keyboard warrior slagging off the press. Have you ever tried to be a journalist? *wanker*
- @itison (not) interesting that your entire response is “wtf ??”. How so very articulate. *wanker*
- @itison the same problem I have with people who have little more to contribute to a debate than armchair/keyboard criticism.
- hmmm.. well that was a bit harsh, don’t you think? does this tell you anything? what is surprising is a new site from himself where he seeks to jump on the whisteblowing bandwagon yet seem to be insulted by my posting this news that his paper and all the rest of the Irish newspaper failed to report. Even more worrying is the view he has of his paper’s readers
- Whistleblowers Ireland | Confidential & free press agency for Irish whistleblowers – call 087 919 9113. whistleblowersireland.com This is a free and confidential service for Irish people who want to blow the whistle on wrong-doing in NGOs (including charities), national organisations funded by taxpayers, government departments and large private national companies, like banks – especially nationalised banks. The areas we are interested in include allegations about suspected corruption, fraud, bribery, embezzlement, sexual, physical and/or mental abuse, miscarriages of justice, breaches in legal obligations, damage to th…
'Who the Hell You Think You Are?' Nigel Farage throws egg in Eurocrat faces (by RussiaToday)
British politician and the leader of the UK Independence Party (UKIP) Nigel Farage has slammed EU bosses over European crisis. “It’s even more serious than economics because if you rob people of their identity, if you rob them of their democracy, then all they are left with is nationalism and violence. I can only hope and pray that the Euro project is destroyed by the markets before that” - Farage said at the end of his speech.
RT on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RTnews
RT on Twitter: http://twitter.com/RT_com
(NaturalNews) The European Union (E.U.) Commission, at the behest of lobbyists from the biotechnology, food, and animal feed industries, is proposing to undo a long-held “zero-tolerance” policy that protects the European food supply from contamination by unapproved genetically-modified organisms (GMO). If successful, the Commission’s efforts will open wide the floodgates for imported GMO foodstuffs to further contaminate its food supply.
The E.U.’s zero-tolerance policy states that any imported food or feed material cannot contain even trace amounts of GMO substances that have not been approved by the E.U. Council. This includes many of the GMO food crops grown in the U.S. and Canada.
Several varieties of GM soy, corn, cotton, potato, sugar beet, and canola (rape seed), however, are currently approved for planting and use in the E.U. So GMOs are already pervasive in the European food supply, despite the policy. Nevertheless, the elimination of the zero-tolerance policy will make things worse, particularly in consumers knowing which products contain GMOs and which ones do not.
Unlike the U.S., the E.U. has restrictions in place that require GMO food products to be labeled as such. This mandate gives consumers the ability to know exactly what they are buying, and allows those wishing to avoid GMOs the opportunity to make educated and informed buying decisions. But with the import restrictions lifted, identifying the difference between GMO and non-GMO products will likely become more difficult.
A recent poll in Europe found that as many as 95 percent of Europeans view GMOs with some type of skepticism. Seventy percent said GMOs are fundamentally unnatural, and 60 percent said the “Frankencrops” are a threat to public health (http://www.naturalnews.com/030422_G…).
To learn more about the dangers of GMOs, visit:
#nwo #economy #EU #IMF 'The Euro Game Is Up! Just who the hell do you think you are?' - Nigel Farage MEP
One of our greatest freedom fighters & my hero!
► European Parliament, Strasbourg - 24 November 2010
► Speaker: Nigel Farage MEP, UKIP, Co-President of the EFD group;
► Debate: European Council and Commission statements - Conclusions of the European Council meeting on economic governance (28-29 October)
Good morning, Mr van Rompuy,
You’ve been in office for one year and in that time the whole edifice is beginning to crumble, there’s chaos, the money’s running out - I should thank you; you should perhaps be the pin-up boy of the Eurosceptic movement.
But just look around this chamber, this morning. Just look at these faces. Look at the fear. Look at the anger. Poor old Barroso here looks like he’s seen a ghost.
They’re begining to understand that the game is up and yet in their desperation to preserve their dream, they want to remove any remaining traces of democracy from the system. And it’s pretty clear that none of you have learnt anything.
When you yourself, Mr van Rompuy, say that the euro has brought us stability. I suppose I could applaud you for having a sense of humour, but isn’t this, really, just the bunker mentality?
Your fanaticism is out in the open. You talked about the fact that it was a lie to believe that the nation state could exist in the 21st Century globalised world. Well, that may be true in the case of Belgium, who haven’t had a government for six months, but for the rest of us, right across every member state in this Union - and perhaps this is why we see the fear in the faces - increasingly people are saying, ‘We don’t want that flag. We don’t want the anthem. We don’t want this political class. We want the whole thing consigned to the dustbin of history.’
And we had the Greek tragedy earlier on this year, and now we have this situation in Ireland. Now I know that the stupidity and greed of Irish politicians has a lot to do with this. They should never ever have joined the euro. They suffered with low interest rates, a false boom and a massive bust.
But look at your response to them. What they’re being told, as their government is collapsing, is that it would be inappropriate for them to have a general election. In fact Commissioner Rehn here said they had to agree their budget first before they’d be allowed to have a general election.
Just who the hell do you think you people are?
You are very very dangerous people, indeed. Your obsession with creating this Euro state means that you’re happy to destroy democracy. You appear to be happy for millions and millions of people to be unemployed and to be poor. Untold millions must suffer so that your Euro dream can continue.
Well it won’t work. Because it’s Portugal next, with their debt levels of 325% of GDP, they’re the next ones on the list, and after that I suspect it will be Spain. And the bailout for Spain would be seven times the size of Ireland’s and at that moment all of the bailout money has gone - there won’t be anymore.
But it is even more serious than economics. Because if you rob people of their identity. If you rob them of their emocracy, then all they are left with is nationalism and violence. I can only hope and pray that the Euro project is destroyed by the markets before that really happens.
Video: EbS - European Parliament
- Intro from ‘Velvet Choker’ - Cornerstone Cues
- Closing from ‘Red Army is the Strongest’, by the Soviet Red Army Choir.