Sense Us : Something wrong with the Census? » Multi-Story #CACI #EU #Census #Ireland #AbuGraib #DHS #torture #Coercion #Wikileaks #BradleyManning
- UK Census…. initiative test?
- It’s not what I would call common knowledge but, did you here the one about the involvement of war profiteers in the Irish and Scottish and UK censuses? It’s no joke! CACI and Lockheed Martin have been contracted to work these data collection operations and have been for some time. Leaving aside the Scottish and UK cases for a minute, the Irish case is particularly interesting. The contract was given in July 2009 and CACI (UK) issued a press release in January 2010.
No major media outlets here have bothered to report on this. Thankfully The Journal and Newswhip picked up on it last week and gave it some exposure, after activists connected the dots following news in The Observer about the Scottish boycott. But this is hardly enough. As a media activist I was shocked to learn of this, given that I know about the CACI stories from Iraq. I was even more surprised to learn that CACI were involved in the 2001 and 2006 censuses here also.
There is a lot to say here and although this is a lengthy post with a
diverse range of sources and perspectives, it barely scratches the
surface. I will post a more in depth analysis of this over the coming days.
- CSO calls criticism of #Census 2011 contractor “irresponsible” http://t.co/KWor9OS #AbuGhraib #CACI #torture #anonops #Ireland #patriotact
- Is it right that the Scotland #census is being processed by CACI who are accused of torture at Abu Ghraib? http://lochgelly.org.uk/?p=3731
- Dáil Eireann - 19/Jan/2010 Written Answers - Census of Population. debates.oireachtas.ie Dáil Eireann - 19/Jan/2010 Written Answers - Census of Population.
- [an aside] The marketers view of Census….
- Census: marketing tool or obsolete? marketingmagazine.co.uk This year’s census may be the last, but should marketers be worried, asks Gemma Charles.
- Some recent news from the USA regarding CACI
- FBI taps CACI for IT support - UPI.com upi.com The FBI has chosen CACI of Virginia to provide it with information technology support services.
- GAO upholds protest against CACI financial system modernization contract — Washington Technology washingtontechnology.com GAO upholds protest of CACI winning a financial management systems modernization contract at DHS and recommends a new competition.
- CACI would certainly not be supportive of Wikileaks and to say they have a view opposed to freedom of information would be an understatement.
CACI’s major markets are:
- Homeland Security
- IT Modernization and Government Transformation
- CACI’s Dr. Jack London on WikiLeaks, the Insider Threat and Defining Cyber War - The New New Internet thenewnewinternet.com Tagged with: asymmetric threat CACI Carnegie Institute China Countering Cyber Challenges to the Industrial Base Cyber Security cyber threat cyber war cyber warfare Department of Defense espionage insider threat Israel jack london Julian Assange Mike Mullen national security Robert Gates rule of law Warren Phillips WikiLeaks In the wake of the WikiLeaks disclosures that tarnished American diplomatic relations and highlighted the issue of the insider threat, many wondered w…
- Why the Internet as You Know It Must Die – By CACI Interntional. americanterror.com A plain text version follows the extracted images . In addition you can click the title page image for a link to the original PDF. The following below is a selectable text version of the above images /PDF. DEALING WITH T OD A Y’S ASYMMETRIC THRE A T This document is intended only as a summary of the personal remarks made by participants at the March 2, 2010 symposium, “Cyber Threats to National Security, Symposium One: Countering Challenges to the Global Supply Chain,” co-sponsored by CA…
- Meanwhile Bradley Manning is still incarcerated… and protesters around the world are demonstrating against the inhumane way he is being treated. US President Barack Obama has called Bradley’s treatment “appropriate and.. meeting our basic standards”.
Daniel Ellsberg, the Pentagon Papers whistleblower, was arrested twice over the weekend in Washington, at a protest against the Iraq War and support of Bradley Manning.
- Protest against the imprisonment of Bradley Manning
- BBC News - Bradley Manning wins support from Welsh MP and friends http://t.co/OCKPMdm #wikileaks #bradleymanning
- Pentagon Papers source arrested at protests - Jennifer Epstein politico.com Daniel Ellsberg is taken into custody at rallies against the Iraq war and for Pfc. Bradley Manning.
- And now for something completely different..
see what Bono didn’t have to say about the state of the world in this latest edition of Rap News from Juice Media…..
- Rap News 7: #Revolution thejuicemedia, March 20, 2011 at 0:41
- Back to the main story of the upcoming Census in Ireland..
- What does former (Fine Gael) Taoiseach Garret Fitzgerald have to say about all this? Nothing. However, he is careful to remind us of our legal obligation to take part of the census in his opinion piece in the weekend edition of The Irish Times. Note that there is no mention of CACI’s involvement anywhere else in this paper as a counterbalance..
“Quite properly, every citizen is required to co-operate with this project – we have a very good record of such co-operation – based on public confidence both in the quality of our census data and in its confidentiality, which, since the earliest days of our State, has never been breached, or, indeed, impugned.” – Garret
- Thorough census system meets our complex demands - The Irish Times - Sat, Mar 19, 2011 irishtimes.com Ireland must conduct regular, high-quality censuses because of demographic instability, writes GARRET FITZGERALD
- RT @AllanCavanagh: Company involved in interrogation of prisoners in Abu Ghraib will be processing data from Irish census. http://bit.ly/hhRUJZ Your taxes.
- Here is a useful (?) infographic from the CSO informing us about the journey of a a census form. Are we missing something?
- So what were CACI doing in Iraq?
The documentary films “Gitmo” (2005) and “Iraq For Sale” (2006), provide some insight about private contractors such as CACI working in Iraq. The two clips below relate to the latter..
- CACI made $$ torturing at Abu Ghraib then covered it up bravenewfilms, September 28, 2006 at 8:55
- Robert Greenwald on CACI’s role at Abu Ghraib bravenewfilms, May 15, 2007 at 17:51
- Who is “Big Steve”?
- Abu Ghraib: “Big Steve” and Abu Ghraib salon.com Salon has uncovered more allegations against a civilian interrogator accused of abuse at the prison. Why has he never been prosecuted?
- watch those documentaries Gitmo and Iraq For Sale here
- The Scottish Census 2011
- Scottish census: slice of profits go to US arms company TAofMoridura, February 21, 2011 at 6:08
- Anyone else seen http://www.ethicalcensus.org.uk/ ? Heavily criticises CACI UK; Scotland census has been outsourced to them.
- As well as religious groups (and non religious groups) encouraging you to answer the religion question honestly, there is also a call in Scotland for those of Irish ethnicity to stand up and be counted..
- Scotland’s Census 2011 aidster, January 26, 2011 at 16:03
- Ethical #Census Scotland - Non-cooperation #guide: http://bit.ly/hSRH16 @Jinks67 @bellacaledonia #CACI
- Reactions to the Lockheed Martin UK Censes contract…
- This Lockheed Martin contract tarnishes the #census | Chris Browne | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk http://t.co/HZYDCly
- It’s time to fill it in
- Now we’re talking: how to fill in the Census in a way that costs Lockheed Martin money and doesn’t get you fined - http://bit.ly/gJhZzG
- Report: UK census question on religion is ‘highly misleading’ http://bit.ly/gC9aNc
- Jedi Church
- Census contractor CACI was involved in human rights violations in Iraq and shouldn’t be trusted with our data: info www.ethicalcensus.org.uk
- Census in Crosshairs: US arms maker link launches UK privacy fears RussiaToday, March 6, 2011 at 4:25
- Boycott The UK Census: What You Need To Know http://bit.ly/eggWdH
- Threatening people to fill in UK’s census (21Feb11) liarpoliticians, February 21, 2011 at 9:55
- To boycott, or not? Our blog on Lockheed protest: http://t.co/6QC5pGF Also see the Guardian http://t.co/NNmNms1 inc #CensusCampaign
- DEALING WITH UK HOUSEHOLD 2011 CENSUS THE EASY WAY(VIRAL) edtheball69, March 14, 2011 at 10:22
- £150m of taxpayers money has been given to the world’s biggest arms company to run the UK census (protest report) http://bit.ly/gQovFI
- The HPANWO TV Guide to your Census Form benthejrporter, March 8, 2011 at 4:20
- Stop arms traders profiting from the #census by eating your breakfast off the form! http://bit.ly/hKbXWp
- Useless UK national census to be scrapped (10July10) liarpoliticians, July 11, 2010 at 11:35
- UK census burning 2011 Edhunter2323, March 11, 2011 at 3:33
- finally some food for thought… rewind back to Hitler’s IBM Census..
- GNN IBM And The Holocaust thescarface1989pt4, March 29, 2009 at 13:25
- this story will be updated more later….
- update 20110321… i posted this on twitter and got an interesting response from Irish Daily Mail chief reporter Neil Michael…
- FYI: #rtefl #vinb viewers: why no media coverage here of war profiteers CACI involved in our #Census? want info? ☛ http://is.gd/Kj6vW7
- @itison Papers who don’t cover what you want covered are read by many more readers who don’t know/care anything about you. Does that hurt?
- @itison Who I write for doesn’t make what I write right. But not being a part of that doesn’t make what you tweet right either.
- @randomirishnews all i can say to that really is #wtf ??
- @itison no shocks there then!
- @randomirishnews what is your problem with me highlighting this news?
- @itison it’s so easy being a keyboard warrior slagging off the press. Have you ever tried to be a journalist? *wanker*
- @itison (not) interesting that your entire response is “wtf ??”. How so very articulate. *wanker*
- @itison the same problem I have with people who have little more to contribute to a debate than armchair/keyboard criticism.
- hmmm.. well that was a bit harsh, don’t you think? does this tell you anything? what is surprising is a new site from himself where he seeks to jump on the whisteblowing bandwagon yet seem to be insulted by my posting this news that his paper and all the rest of the Irish newspaper failed to report. Even more worrying is the view he has of his paper’s readers
- Whistleblowers Ireland | Confidential & free press agency for Irish whistleblowers – call 087 919 9113. whistleblowersireland.com This is a free and confidential service for Irish people who want to blow the whistle on wrong-doing in NGOs (including charities), national organisations funded by taxpayers, government departments and large private national companies, like banks – especially nationalised banks. The areas we are interested in include allegations about suspected corruption, fraud, bribery, embezzlement, sexual, physical and/or mental abuse, miscarriages of justice, breaches in legal obligations, damage to th…