For analysis of two cow economics go here.
FEUDALISM: You have two cows. Your lord takes some of the milk.
PURE SOCIALISM: You have two cows. The government takes them and puts them in a barn with everyone else’s cows. You have to take care of all the cows. The government gives you as much milk as you need.
BUREAUCRATIC SOCIALISM: You have two cows. The government takes them and puts them in a barn with everyone else’s cows. They are cared for by ex-chicken farmers. You have to take care of the chickens the government took from the chicken farmers. The government gives you as much milk and as many eggs as the regulations say you should need.
FASCISM: You have two cows. The government takes both, hires you to take care of them, and sells you the milk.
PURE COMMUNISM: You have two cows. Your neighbours help you take care of them, and you all share the milk.
REALIST COMMUNISM: You have two cows. You have to take care of them, but the government takes all the milk.
EUROPEAN UNIONISM: You have two cows. The EU develops a quota system that “limits the gas emissions from flatulent cows”. You sell your carbon allotment, not the milk.
DICTATORSHIP: You have two cows. The government takes both and shoots you.
SINGAPOREAN DEMOCRACY: You have two cows. The government fines you for keeping two unlicensed farm animals in an apartment.
MILITARISM: You have two cows. The government takes both and drafts you. You are required to stay in the army until you die.
PURE DEMOCRACY: You have two cows. Your neighbours decide who gets the milk.
REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY: You have two cows. Your neighbours pick someone to tell you who gets the milk.
AMERICAN DEMOCRACY: The government promises to give you two cows if you vote for it. After the election, the president is impeached for speculating in cow futures. The press dubs the affair “Cowgate” and a few Americans watch that on TV. Most however watch other, more entertaining programmes.
BRITISH DEMOCRACY: You have two cows. You feed them sheep’s’ brains and they go mad. The government doesn’t do anything.
BUREAUCRACY: You have two cows. At first the government regulates what you can feed them and when you can milk them. Then it pays you not to milk them. After that it takes both, shoots one, milks the other and pours the milk down the drain. Then it requires you to fill out forms accounting for the missing cows and taxes you for the spilled milk.
ANARCHY: You have two cows. The cows decide you have no right to do anything with their milk and leave to form their own society.
CAPITALISM: You have two cows. You sell one and buy a bull.
HONG KONG CAPITALISM: You have two cows. You sell three of them to your publicly - listed company, using letters of credit opened by your brother-in-law at the bank, then execute a debt/equity swap with associated general offer so that you get all four cows back, with a tax deduction for keeping five cows. The milk rights of six cows are transferred via a Panamanian intermediary to a Cayman Islands company secretly owned by the majority shareholder, who sells the rights to all seven cows’ milk back to the listed company. The annual report says that the company owns eight cows, with an option on one more. Meanwhile, you kill the two cows because the fung shui is bad.
SOCRATIC METHODISM How many cows do I have? Why?
ENVIRONMENTALISM: You have two cows. The government bans you from milking or killing them.
FEMINISM: You have two cows. They get married and adopt a veal calf.
TOTALITARIANISM: You have two cows. The government takes them and denies they ever existed. Milk is banned.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS: You are associated with (the concept of “ownership” is a symbol of the phallo-centric, war-mongering, intolerant past) two differently-aged (but no less valuable to society) bovines of non-specified gender.
COUNTER CULTURE: Wow, dude, there’s like…these two cows, man. You got to have some of this milk.
SURREALISM: You have two giraffes. The government requires you to take harmonica lessons.
INNOVATIONISM: You have two cows. You patent “cow” and claim license fees from all the milk of the world. All your milk are belong to us.
LIBERTARIANISM: You have two cows. You let them do what they want. Now go away. What I do with my cows and what my cows choose to do is none of your business.
77 Notes/ Hide
- rociel reblogged this from hehangs
- mithrandear likes this
- livelikejack reblogged this from hehangs
- afreesong reblogged this from h4x0r3d
- yourbookisoverdue likes this
- forestoffairy reblogged this from fuileachd
- sumfloweroses likes this
- colorlesscolor likes this
- blossomshed reblogged this from raspberrybeanie
- justasecondoutofsync reblogged this from anonymissexpress
- karyiuki likes this
- nubpher reblogged this from hehangs
- drey likes this
- garthpartieson likes this
- turtlesolitaire reblogged this from fuileachd and added:
- turtlesolitaire likes this
- wollphilie reblogged this from hehangs
- the--engineer reblogged this from neraiutsuze
- eatenbyagrue likes this
- absdax likes this
- ellenelephant likes this
- thefrankinator likes this
- atrimira reblogged this from chloeep
- iya likes this
- deanisthesun reblogged this from neraiutsuze
- deanisthesun likes this
- tastyhoysauce reblogged this from raspberrybeanie
- tastyhoysauce likes this
- h4x0r3d reblogged this from anonymissexpress and added:
- dewcake likes this
- alocalband likes this
- jonathanlea likes this
- nerineh likes this
- theflawinpaganism likes this
- podajleki likes this
- partofmealwaysbelieved reblogged this from neraiutsuze
- neraiutsuze reblogged this from raspberrybeanie and added:
- thebeatofmyowndrummer reblogged this from fuileachd
- thebeatofmyowndrummer likes this
- zispot reblogged this from fuileachd
- zispot likes this
- sarellasands likes this
- fuileachd likes this
- a-necessary-fiction likes this
- needlesslycomplicated reblogged this from fuileachd
- whatiserin likes this
- blackbirdblade reblogged this from hehangs
- shhhhharlotte likes this
- hehangs reblogged this from raspberrybeanie
- forestoffairy likes this